St. Mary School Parent Volunteer Program
Due to unforeseen circumstances related to COVID-19, we are limiting the traffic entering our school buildings. If you have questions please call the office.
Parents are very active at St. Mary School & Preschool. They participate in all aspects of the school. If you plan on volunteering at the school and have not previously taken our Safe Environment Training Session by VIRTUS®, please call the office 989-463-4579. Below is a listing of opportunities available to parents. Each year parents are given a chance to sign-up to volunteer in areas that interest them.
- Teacher assistant at home (cut, sort, assemble) prepare, compile and sort student book orders)
- Morning classroom helper
- Afternoon classroom helper
- Art-Reach docents
- Filing, sorting Friday Folder handouts etc.
- Library aide
- Marketing and Enrollment
- School Committee
To fulfill the $350 profit requirement:
- Mardi Gras Auction (25% of the purchase of bid items on auction night)
- Santa Supper (help setting up and cleaning up)
- Drive/chaperone St. Mary float in parades
- Christmas Store/Book Fair
- Pop the popcorn for Spirit Day sales (Friday)
- Playground supervision
- Baked goods (Need one large cookie weekly for Good Steward Award every Friday & baked goods/cookies for various programs).