Young 5’s/Developmental Kindergarten (D.K.)
- Young 5’s attend school Monday-Friday in the morning.
- Young 5’s are in St. Mary main building.
- Young 5’s join St. Mary School Kindergarten students.
- Young 5’s attend music, computers, Library and have art in the classroom.
- Along with letter, number and shape recognition, focus is given to writing numbers, letters and shapes.
- Letter sounds and the beginning letter and sound of words are taught.
School Day: 8:00-11:30am Mon.-Friday. Drop off begins at 7:45am. Y5’s are released at 11:30am for pickup.
Please see Tuition Investment sheet for tuition information.
Y5-6 Curriculum & Extra-Curricular Programs
Accreditation: Michigan Association of Non-Public Schools (MANS)
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- Accelerated Reading Program
- Language Arts
- 5th and 6th Grade Camp
- Girls on the Run
- Choral Concerts
- Student Council
- Art Reach
- Community Service
- Religious Retreats
Extra-curricular Programs through Alma Public Schools
- 5th and 6th Grade Band
- Some Athletic Programs
School day: 8:00am -3:00pm. Drop off begins at 7:45am. Classes begin at 8:05. Students are released at 3:05 pm for pickup. Please see Tuition Investment sheet for tuition information.
Imagine one seamless K-12 assessment, administered multiple times each year that identifies instructional levels and details skills and concepts which students are ready to learn and upon which teachers will focus. Think about this as a student positioning system, much like your GPS, designed to determine a student’s current instructional location, then creating a roadmap of skills and concepts necessary to meet growth and complete their yearly journey.Created by educators for educators, MAP (Measures of Academic Progress ®) and MAP for Primary Grades® dynamically adapts to each student to capture details about what they know and what they’re ready to learn.MAP assessments are done in the beginning, middle, and end of the year. Teachers share results with parents as well as conference with students. Students are aware of their scores and set goals along with the teacher to achieve and improve.