The Diocese of Saginaw has resumed public Masses that can begin on Monday, May 25, 2020. Details of the Diocese directives can be found at this link.
As it applies to Nativity of the Lord, the following will occur:
- Our First Public Mass will be Wednesday May 27th at 9AM at Mount St. Joseph Church, St. Louis. This will also be our end of school year Mass
- To meet the physical distancing and the 25% of total capacity for the church NOTL will allow
- 75 people in the main church gathering space
- 25 people as an over flow in the parish hall. Note the parish hall may not have a good video feed for a few more weeks, but we are looking at improving this. Once the technology is properly in place we will consider increasing the numbers in our over flow space in the parish hall.
- Our First Weekend Masses will be Pentecost Weekend. Our standard Mass times will be utilized.
- Saturday at 4:30 PM at Mt. St. Joseph Church
- Sunday at 10:00 AM at Mt. St. Joseph Church
❖ As stated in the Diocesan directives, the following are necessary conditions for the resumption of public Masses:
• Face-coverings/masks must be worn by the faithful in and around the church
• Physical distancing must be practiced in the church and on the church property.
• Parish churches seating must allow people to remain at least six feet apart.
• Cleaning and sanitizing of church facilities using proper techniques before or after Masses using CDC guidelines.
❖ Funerals, Weddings, and Baptisms during Mass may resume along the same timeline and under
the same conditions as listed in #3 above.
For those vulnerable in our parish community please note that the Bishop has dispensed All the faithful in the Diocese from their Sunday obligation to attend Mass through Sunday, August 30, 2020. So we will continue to livestream the Sunday Mass on www.facebook.com/nativityofthelord so please Stay Home if you are at a higher risk of contracting COVID-19.